Pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Easy Glitter Removal

Today, I have my weekend nails to show you. I was in the glitter mood last weekend so I decided to do something simple and go with China Glaze I Herd That. I should have used another layer or two of top coat because it wasn't as shiny and glossy as I would have liked it. It is a gorgeous glitter though!


One of the reasons why I decided to do glitter was also because I wanted to try using the glue base coat which makes glitter removal a breeze since all you have to do is peel it off. True to what many bloggers believe, it does make glitter removal so much easier! Most of the glitter coats came off in one piece and I was really amazed. However, it doesn't last as long as I would have liked :( Within a day, at least one or two nails chipped and the polish on my right thumb nail totally disappeared. I didn't even know it fell off LOL. Oh well, but it is a good way to wear glitter and not have to worry about how much acetone and scrubbing it will require to remove the glitter. 

2 comments:

  1. oh my, that colours lush <3 really suits you!

    I prefer the foil method - I wrap my nails in remover soaked pads and wrap with little bits of tin foil for around 5-10 mins. Comes clean off and means if I want to wear glitter for longer than a day I don't need to worry it'll peel off.

    Its 6 and 2 3's though, because using the foil method really dries out your cuticles and skin though, so maybe glue is the way forward! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks :) Haha yep, I've actually tried the foil method too but I agree with you that it's really drying. I like that when I use glue, I can avoid acetone and having nail polish remover-smelling fingers since they come off when I peel.

    ReplyDelete