Pages

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Holo polish

Hello! Today I have a new holographic polish to show you! In fact, it's also the first holographic polish that I've ever owned or worn on my nails. Haha, I've just never really had a chance to try them. So today's holographic polish is When Stars Collide which is from the China Glaze Hologram Holographic Spring Collection 2013. This colour is described as a warm maroon which I suppose means it has a red undertone. It tends to look a little more purple in some lightings though.

In indirect sunlight:





In indirect sunlight, the polish looks more purple and the holo effect is not very obvious and you can barely see the shimmer. You know while I was buying this polish, I heard a customer tell the salesperson that 'this collection very holo meh?!' which translates to 'this collection doesn't look very holo to me - I can barely see it.' And... I still continued along with my purchase. I'm not regretting because as you will see later, the holo is actually visible in bright light and it does look very pretty. 

In bright artificial light:


Okay, this one looks warm maroon to me. And look at the holo!! Isn't it pretty? :)




Overall, this wasn't totally a fail holographic polish although there are definitely better ones out there. The formula was alright, I used two coats and a top coat. Maybe I'll get myself an OPI one to compare. Any OPI holo polishes to recommend? 

2 comments:

  1. I really like this! Its a classy holo! Understated but gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, I think you'll definitely like the rest of this collection! You should check it out :)

      Delete